Marcus and Salis went to Traste because of Sera’s summons. Her intention is to replace Laroe as the patron god of Traste. Marcus and Salis will be her “paragons” to convert the nation. Their first mission however was covert. Their purpose at the moment is to purge Traste of all undue influences by Draco, Fagaras, and Zhavelodin.
Marcus Turning Point: He’s found a lawful good monk of Draco and a neutral good bard of Zhavelodin who are truly good people. But if left alive, they will subvert Sera’s plans in Traste and possibly weaken her. He can’t bring himself to kill them.
Malik became Eclipse largely due to ignorant peasants creating a name for this mysterious dark elf wizard. However his new found power was definitely stolen through the lost skills of Telarius. As to the Storm Lord, Marischa has been investing divine power into Eclipse that she has somehow been collecting through an unknown means. And while it appears that Eclipse only seeks to become an Ascendant, and not a god, his powers border on god-like. It was with these powers that he and Calista were able to strike Insea in vengeance against Tara.
Eclipse’s Turning Point: He is fated to die, a final strike from Zanathax to hurt Marischa. Due to the curse, he also cannot do anything to change this fate. Someone, without his involvement, must find a way to change his fate.
Calista’s curse by the Undead was beyond serious. But Ren’s devout love and dedication has lead them to find ancient secrets and power to largely protect Calista from losing herself. Oddly, one of the best “salves” is to slay True Undead making Calista become even more of a scourge to the undead. She is also seeking out even more ways to destroy Tara and the undead, obsessively so.
Curse: The Children of the Daughter of Entropy shall corrupt her will, and she shall become the Mother of the Dark.
Calista’s Turning Point: If she continues down her path to curing herself of her curse she will eventually become a True Undead herself. But this will give Tara the opportunity to kill her. Her curse must be lifted, or she must be convinced to live with it for the rest of her days.
Aloric calls himself Col, short for Coliar, and also founded two houses in Traste. House Greyland is one of the “First Six” and the primary purveyor of arms in Traste now. But he has also founded a new bloodline of vampires, Lunarium. His bloodline is tainted by otherworldly fae powers, and his childer have demonstrated wildly diverse powers and personality traits. He’s also become life-mates with Zara the Spawn of Tiamat, making his seem even stranger.
Coliar’s Turning Point: First, he is about to start calling himself Aloric again. If he does the Black Guard will come for him. He needs to be convinced to pick a new name and stick with it. He hates Coliar. Two, he and Zara are about to have a child. Tiamat still hasn’t been found yet. There are concerns with whether or not this will bring about her as Tiamat, where Tiamat is, what the children will be, and more…
Yolo goes on to marry Sul (Sularian Firestorm) and become the Defender of the Fae, Guardian of the Forest. He has also evolved beyond his mortal form into a Sylvan Magma force of Primal Energy. As he progresses however, his mind becomes less human as well. For him however, he’s quite happy with the outcome.
Yolo’s Turning Point: None. Gaining his freedom and a home, he’s found everything he wanted. He will however come to the aid of one of his friends once.
Tumbleweed’s movements have been masked. No one knows what happened to him or what’s he’s been doing. But now that he’s back he’s far more powerful than ever before. Somehow he’s reclaimed his Soul Blade, unleashed his dragon blood, and become a full Weapon Master.
Tumbleweed’s Turning Point: He is going to challenge The Genocide to combat. If he does and dies, it will pit Asyria and Pass into a full blown war with perhaps devastating results.
Ever since the Saul’s took one of his moons, which was subsequently shattered into Sparks, he has been actively moving to reshape the world into ways he can more readily control. Many forget, but Zhavelodin was the creator of this world and everything that exists within it. And he’s angry.
Everything that has happened so far has been due to his direct machinations. The apocalyptic events to force the gods into reforging the world. The Horn pieces going back into play to be collected. The supposed fix of the Fragments of the Shards of the Horn of the Gods. The gods themselves being forced to re-Ascend. And the Law of Eight being invoked yet again. Zhavelodin’s Eight Children have been reborn. And no one, not even the gods, knows what that means…
Fagaras was going to make a series of power plays until he realized that Zhavelodin was using him the entire time. Now with no idea of what is going on he is consolidating all of his power bases and trying to preserve the undead and demons under his control. Within that scope he will be entirely amiable.
Draco has been collecting neutral and good souls in order to trade them to Fagaras for specific souls of his choosing at a rate of 2:1 in Fagaras’s favor. No one is entirely sure which souls he is trading for, but he is giving Fagaras souls that do not deserve to be in a Soul Pit. Also, he has somehow reforged the Eight Legendary Blade of Power. Draco has managed to keep the rest of his movements masked so far, but he has been “removing” things from known existence making them secret…
Sera’ is attempting to move past everything that has happened to her so far. Her view is that one mortal should never have the power to change any god as much as has already happened to her. She has proclaimed that Vash shall no longer be hunted. That hunting him will in fact mark his enemies as enemies of Sera, and that his curse has been lifted. And Sera’ now has Vash’s Orb.
In light of what has been discovered about Zhavelodin, the truth of them being “The Eight” is understood. The Genocide was never a part of them, he is the representation of Zhavelodin as the creator of “The Eight”. If I can regain what is missing from me, perhaps I can become whole and remember what knowledge I’ve lost.
1) Celestial Armor +3, Amulet +4 Str, Ring of Resist Elements 5, Scabbard of Keen Edges, Boots of Movement, Gloves of Storing.
2) Ancient Full Plate of the Old Kingdom +3 (Human Racial Armor: Touch AC), Amulet +4 Int, Ring of Blink, Scabbard of Keen Edges, Boots of Movement, Gloves of Storing.
3) Dwarven Chainmail +3 Dr 5/-, Amulet +4 Con, Ring of Evasion, Scabbard of Keen Edges, Boots of Movement, Gloves of Storing.
4) Leather Armor +3 (Improved Shadow, Glamered, Light Fort), Amulet +4 Dex, Ring of Chameleon (stacks), Scabbard of Keen Edges, Boots of Movement, Gloves of Storing.
5) Leather Armor +3 (Improved Shadow, Glamered, Light Fort), Amulet +4 Cha, Ring of Chameleon (stacks), Scabbard of Keen Edges, Boots of Movement, Gloves of Storing.
6) Robes of the Archmagi (White), Amulet +6 Con, Ring of Wizardry 1-3, Rod of Empower and Extend (3 charges each), Boots of Movement, Gloves of Storing.
7) Robes of the Archmagi (Grey), Amulet +6 Int, Ring of Wizardry 1-3, Rod of Empower and Extend (3 charges each), Boots of Movement, Gloves of Storing.
8) Robes of the Archmagi (Black), Amulet +4 Wis, Ring of Freedom of Movement, Staff of Maximized Healing (Mass spell 3/day), Boots of Movement, Gloves of Storing.
Ring of Wizardry: Works for Arcane and Divine
Scabbard of Keen Edges: Fits any weapon, grants Keen for scene.
Boots of Movement: +10 Move, one extra 5’ step per round.
Gloves of Storing: Two gloves, each one works per the book, grants Quick Draw.
Spirit Watch: Gold and electrum pocket style watch in a perfect circle with no chain or hook, with frozen hands on Eight Thirty Eight. Has 80 minutes and 80 seconds. (Can bring up the cosmology of it being a Ring Planet with non-standardized time, 24 hours, 80 minutes per hour, 80 seconds per minute.) Holds talking male spirit that appears as an image, holds knowledge but forgets things too and cannot remember who he is. Features shift while looking at him, generally attractive male.
Spirit Gems: These do not apply to combat rolls. They are bonuses on normal actions such as picking pockets, bending steel bars, swaying people’s emotions, etc…
• Strength of the Titans: Double your Str modifier for Str checks, may Take 20 on Str checks, Ignore all Hardness, and crit 14-20/x4 versus objects.
• Nimble Grace: Double your Dex modifier for Dex checks, may Take 20 on Dex checks, double Dex mod for Init.
• Tougher than Steel: Double your Con modifier for Con checks, may Take 20 on Con checks, once per round ignore one damage source.
• Charismatic Allure: Double your Cha modifier for Cha checks, may Take 20 on Cha checks, may use Cha as primary casting stat, “sex appeal” with anyone you target.
• Unrivaled Intelligence: Double your Int modifier for Int checks, may Take 20 on Int checks, may use Int as primary casting stat, add half your HD to all Know checks.
• Iron Resolve: Double your Wis modifier for Wis checks, may Take 20 on Wis checks, may use Wis as primary casting stat, immune to mind effects.
Scroll of Artwork: Silhouette (Grants 1 Faith in her)
Faith: 1 Faith = 1 Miracle in that god’s purview. Examples include swinging the tide of a battle in your favor by raising fallen allies to continue fighting, moving you and your allies, with all your and their gear, from one plane to a specific locale through planar barriers with no chance of error, and protecting a city from an earthquake, volcanic eruption, flood, or other major natural disaster.
Map to the Moonaxe: Map to the Legendary blade of power, but can’t read the language it’s in. There’s an attached letter explaining what it is, and to not tell anyone what is inside. It is written in Ancient Vampire.
Each one is made of a rose colored wood with the faintest of grains. Inside is red velvet nestling a strange black and silver doubloon emblazoned with a symbol of blood dropping into threads.
(Warning, going through any of these is a GAMBLE!!! Could result in perma-death, full party wipe, of the most amazing possible rewards you never dreamed of. They are all in some way related to the plot as “side missions” which can make or break future encounters.)
1. The Temple of Llroe in Traste: The most holy of holy sites, with Llroe dead who knows what would happen if you go there? It was forgotten.
2. The Ancient Keep: Supposedly destroyed by The Genocide there is no telling where this leads now.
3. The Isle of the Gods: If your need is true, you are permitted entry one time and one time only to seek succor.
4. The Altar of the Black Guard: Many have come back from this Portal, but no one has ever spoken of it.
5. The Seat of Insea: Buried in the capitol city, it is rumored to contain the ancient magics of before and hold a tremendous secret.
6. The Heart of the Dragon: No one’s gone through since what happened before. No idea on the result.
7. The Forgotten Keep: Don’t know what it is? (Abandoned and lost Thadukeen keep in the mountains from the first Thadukeen, the wielder of the Horn of the Gods)
8. The Cave of Tiamat: No one’s gone through since the reforging. (The Mother Crystal is there)
This has been a single, solitary plot line inspired by the idiot Dave and Roy destroying the world. It hinged upon Russ’s plotline of the Sparks and Rob’s plot line of the Saul’s. The Epic campaign combined with what was just run brings everything to a head, culminating into the reveal of what the underlying story has been the entire time. Sorry if it’s a disappointment, but I hope you like it. It’s an Ending that is a Beginning. The campaign title is a hint to the story. You were always supposed to get “retired”, just the plan was for it to be with Legendary Weapons and not Towers of Magic.
Aseckleam – started up Traste and then vanished years later.
Al’Ren – took the old lands of Traivon, no word of what happens between the Great Walls has been found.
Cyn – Avatar of Fagaras, whereabouts unknown.
Saul – took over the Rainforest.
Tara – took over Insea. Got a Pact from Será to never be pushed into a path Tara doesn’t wish, and gained one fragment from each horn piece.
Mr Bear – Got a Pact from Será to be protected from Her, and became a nature spirit in The Old Empire.
Dimble – started the kingdom of Asyria and altered his race with draconic blood.
Coin Guy – ascending to godhood but has not been heard from in Asyria.
The Genocide – took over Pass.